SARS-CoV-2 Saliva Antigen Rapid Test
Saliva tests are self-administered; this means that after you are shown how to perform the test, you’ll do it by yourself. You will spit several times into a funnel attached to a tube, and then screw on a cap to complete the sample collection. Saliva tests are more comfortable than nasal swabs and just as accurate.
BENEFITS OF SALIVA ANTIGEN TEST KIT
Saliva collection is easier to perform and less discomfort than taking a sample with a swab deep into the nasal cavity or throat. Because Medical workers do not need to collect samples separately, they can reduce their risk of disease infection. (In highly infected regions such as EU, the United States and many other countries, infection by medical personnel is a very serious problem.) Saliva collection is faster and more scalable than swab collection, which can increase the number of people inspected each day.
ADVANTAGES OF SALIVA ANTIGEN TEST KIT
1. Convenient and effective for collecting SARS-CoV-2 samples.
2. Painless (no patient discomfort and anxiety for sampling).
3. Easy collection and applicable in remote areas & Suitable for on-site, home and clinic-based sampling.
4. Relatively cheap technology (Cheap to store and ship)
5. Cost-effective applicability for screening large populations.
6. Safer collection for health professionals than other biological samples such as nasopharyngeal swabs and blood.
7. Easy to handle & Possible multisampling.